Social Bookmarking is a fairly simple concept. Whereas search engines rank pages based on complex algorithms, Social Bookmarking sites – Delicious, Digg, and Reddit being the most popular – utilize human input to determine relevancy and popularity. Their most popular feature is the ability to group content by unique tags, making it easy for people to find and store relevant content.
With their widespread popularity, businesses have now entered the fold, utilizing these sites to improve their SEO and overall brand recognition and popularity. The big difficulty, however, is convincing readers that their content is worth sharing.
Your Social Bookmarking Strategy for Success
- Quality beats quantity viagra england. Always. Instead of constantly posting content and hoping for one story to catch on, it’s best to limit posts strictly to content of the highest quality. Not only will it improve your credibility amongst Social Bookmarking users, it’s more efficient time management and will often lead to more popular content.
- If it’s not relevant, it’s not important. Similar to only sharing quality content, it’s just as important to make sure the content is relevant to the readers. Pay attention to what’s trending, what topics are being shared and discussed, and strike when the iron’s hot.
- Know the ins and outs. The means in which you deliver content is also very important. Proper use of tags, descriptions, and relevant titles will more accurately promote your content to the right target, resulting in greater page views.
- Post pages, not domains. Again, this plays into relevancy. By delivering readers to a specific page rather than just a domain, you keep control over keywords and point readers to the real reason why you’re posting: to share relevant, quality content. Also, don’t forget to add titles to your webpages.
- The internet wasn’t built in a day. Mastering Social Bookmarking has to be a long-term goal. Not every post will be a success, regardless of relevancy, quality, or detailed tagging. However, it’s important to have a long-term strategy, stick with the process, and assess your progress on a regular basis. Don’t be afraid to tinker.
Create a Community
Social Bookmarking sites revolve around the community sharing and discovering engaging content. Don’t just submit and run; make your account appear more natural and inviting.
- Create a detailed profile. This is a chance to promote your overall business. Provide links to your social network sites, website, and a short bio to help better communicate your message to profile viewers. Make it as easy as possible for those interested in your business to learn more about you.
- Be Social. It’s called “social” for a reason. Having a one-way conversation about your product or service misses the point of utilizing these kinds of sites. It’s important to comment on other users’ submissions, respond to comments – good or bad – and make improvements over time. Try and connect with other users that share common interests to build a greater following. The more connections, the greater the exposure.
- Sharing is caring. Again, the human element comes into play. Sharing other people’s content will not only help to show your interest and expertise on the specific topic, it can also improve your reputation within the community as a quality poster, which in and of itself is particularly valuable.
- Be fair warned. Marketers can and will be banned from the majority of Social Bookmarking sites if they repeatedly post the same links. No matter how good the content is, if it’s constantly resubmitted it will diminish any gains you may have made. The key is to vary your content.
Optimize Your Web Page
- Provide elements on the web page for readers to share the content on social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.. The easier you make it for people to share your content, the more likely they will be to share it.
- Make your webpage professional and easy to navigate. Provide links to other relevant blog posts and content on your site to keep them there.
- Have a keyword optimized page with a relevant page title for SEO.
Follow these tips, stick to a long-term strategy, and you’ll reap the rewards of Social Bookmarking. While it may not result in immediate success, with hard work and time you can generate quite a following around your posts, as well as learn a great deal about what makes a post popular. Much like in the real world, quality and relevance will reign supreme to help attract new users and build connections.
For more advice on how to best utilize Social Bookmarking for your company, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.